Connect with us


Warner Robins pulls away from Archer

Lightning delayed the game by more than an hour.

Lightning – by way of Warner Robins’ and Archer’s offenses lighting up the scoreboard – characterized the game once it got started. The Demons won 50-34 but not before dropping behind on the scoreboard twice in the early going. The first was set up by an interception. It gave the Tigers the ball on the Demons’ 10. D.J. Moore scored from the 5 following. The point after missed.

Warner Robins answered with a drive and four-yard run by Malcolm Brown. Daniel Barber made the point after to make it 7-6.

William Wallace caught an 81-yard pass from D.J. Moore to make it, with the PAT, 13-7, Archer.

It was the last time it would lead.

The Demons, the game moving into the second quarter, scored the next three touchdowns. The first was on a 38-yard pass from Christon Lane to Deuce Petty. Petty intercepted a Tigers pass on their next possession to set up the next score. It was a 34-yard pass from Lane to Daveon Walker. Barber’s points after made it 21-13.

Archer did cut it to one, 21-20, on Frank Osorio’s 75-yard run, but Warner Robins put together another drive after that to make it 28-20. That’s where it stood at the half.

After forcing the Tigers to punt to start the third, the Demons scored again. They started on their own 46 and went 10 plays before Lane scored from the 1.

Archer was charged with a safety after that, making it 37-20 with 6:53 left in the third.

The Demons appeared to score again on their next possession, but it was negated by a flag. It was fumbled right after. The Tigers recovered but it was merely a delay. Warner Robins scored again once it got it back – Brown again, the game also moving into the fourth quarter, making it 44-20.

Archer moved from the Demons’ 43 and scored – Chase Sellers – on a fourth-and-goal from the 1. It failed on the two-point conversion putting it at 44-26.

Deuce Petty caught an 89-yard pass from Jeff Davis after that for Warner Robins’ final score. The Demons’ defense made a goal-line stand following, but later on – subs coming in and out by then – put one more touchdown on the books.

The Demons improved to 2-0 with the win, while Archer fell to 0-2.

More in Featured